Monday, February 7, 2011

Shag, Scooby, and Rattlesnakes

My time as an over the road truck driver has sent me to some scary places. You can be parked in a deserted lot in a bad part of town, but nothing was scarrier than a rest area between Glendive MT and Miles City MT on I-94. The rest area is located a mile off the road with nothing around for miles. The landscape reminded me of where General Custer was killed at.

I had seen a few trucks stop there, but I never had. I was tired and desperate to stop, so I stopped, parked my rig, and went to sleep. I awoke having to go to the bathroom, so I get out of the truck and head toward the restroom. While I was walking, a strong gust of wind blew. then I heard a sharp howl. I sprinted back to my truck and took off. I ran so fast that not even Shag and Scooby would have passed me. If you don't know, a scared Shaggy and Scooby Doo can run FAST.

Oh by the way, If you see a sign at a rest area that says rattlesnakes have been spotted in the area. Do what the sign says and stay ON the walkways. Being five feet from one is close enough. Trust Me.

1 comment: