Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping Snow Day

Today is February 29th, more commonly know as Leap Day.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_29  The month normally has 28 days, but every four years an extra day is added. Here in Fargo ND, we got 4 inches of snow. The city was expecting a foot, but mother nature decided not to give us that much.

With today being Leap Day, and with the snow, I started to think about one of my blog posts.  http://ellick92.blogspot.com/2011/01/400lb-magazine.html  In it I talk about some four wheeler magazines that I had seen as a kid. Here are some photos of those magazine covers.

                                                     February 1985
 
Can you imagine an 11 year old boy looking at that?

                                                     March 1985
I had this issue in my hands. I never even opened it up, I thought I was getting it in the mail. It has been 27 years, and I STILL haven't seen what was inside.

April 1985
 The April 1985 issue was the first one of my subscription.

WOW, those are some awesome magazine covers. It makes a guy want to get on his four wheeler and do some snow jumping.

                                                         March 1986
                             

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Dan Bridger and I have just started a trucking blog not long ago. I ran across your blog and am looking to connect with other bloggers that have the same interests. I am not selling anything and am only asking if you would be interested in trading links? My link is below, Thanks, Dan
    www.dbridgerhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete